Nextech Receives Additional AR Labs Contract from Ryerson University Science Faculty | news
VANCOUVER, British Columbia – (BUSINESS WIRE) – Mar. August 2021–
Nextech AR solutions Corp. (“Nextech” or the “Company”) (OTCQB: NEXCF) (NEO: NTAR) (CSE: NTAR) (FWB: N29), an emerging leader in augmented reality for eCommerce, AR learning applications, AR enhanced video conferencing and virtual events, is proud to announce that Ryerson University, a globally recognized leader in higher education with over 46,000 students, has ordered an additional 35 augmented reality laboratories for its biology, chemistry and biochemistry departments. Once the additional labs are completed, which is expected to be the case in 2021, the Ryerson University Faculty of Science will have one of the largest known immersive augmented reality learning programs in the world.
These new labs are in addition to the fifty labs developed for the 2020/2021 school year and the additional AR labs being built under the RALE AR Lab Builder Program, an Ontario government initiative in partnership with Ryerson University and NexTech AR, has been created and will be available province-wide to colleges in 2022.
The use of AR for educational institutions is provided through the company’s EdTechX platform. Built on Microsoft Azure and available on the Azure marketplace As a “Co-Selling Ready” partner, EdTechX enables educational institutions to transform traditional learning and event formats into valuable, immersive digital experiences that college students seek. EdTechX combines digital brand spaces with corporate-scale video streaming, augmented reality holograms and real-time data analysis. The “co-selling” status enables joint sales opportunities with Microsoft and access to their global education customers.
The MOST IMPORTANT advantages of the AR-Labs:
- New features of Labs include error-driven learning modules that allow students to make mistakes in the simulation and get real-time feedback before doing the actual lab.
- Nonlinear experiences allow students to explore in the AR labs based on their own exploration i.e. Rat section, flower section.
- Creation of new “modular” laboratories that explain common laboratory techniques that are cross-functional in chemical and biochemical analyzes.
- Interactive learning enables students to form memories based on emotional impact. The actual AR tries to trigger the feeling of lab / experience presence in order to make students more engaged.
- The AR Labs allow users to repeat the experiment however they want, which is a key feature in learning new concepts. For universities, too, this is a cost-effective solution that reduces the waste of resources.
- AR enables the visual communication of complex chemical analyzers. (Go behind the scenes to see how the machines actually work) allows students to visually learn the abstract theory about the equipment.
- The AR Labs were developed in conjunction with faculty and industry experts to ensure that the content is propelled both academically and professionally.
Evan Gappelberg, CEO of Nextech, commented, “We are very excited to see the hard work we have done in collaboration with Ryerson in developing AR labs for students, resulting in such a tremendously positive response from students and faculty has led. In addition to developing an immersive AR learning platform, we also developed a unique business model for Nextech with a credit system where one credit equals an AR lab that costs $ 5,000 each. He continues, “Once the AR labs are created along with the AR Lab Builder program through an Ontario government initiative in partnership with Ryerson University and NexTech, all AR labs built will be available to colleges nationwide by 2022. We are very excited and delighted to be working with both Ryerson and the government to deliver immersive learning experiences for Canadian students.
Direct student quotes – biochemistry, winter semester 2021:
What did you like about the AR for Experiment 1?
- “The experiment was very detailed; it was as if I was sitting in the laboratory watching someone conduct the experiment. The explanation of gel electrophoresis was thorough enough to understand the concept of how to do it properly. “
- “It helps you visualize the steps of the experiment correctly.”
- “It was really realistic and useful for me to imagine the steps of the experiment as a visual learner.”
Assuming you’re back on campus after the pandemic, do you see a role for RALE in your undergraduate lab?
- “This could be used for pre-lab conversations to explain certain techniques and procedures. This could also be offered as an additional resource for students writing lab reports to review certain steps at home to better understand the lab. And most importantly, for students who missed a lab, this would provide the students with a visual experience so that the reports can be properly generated even if they weren’t there. “
- “It could potentially be used for more complicated or dangerous labs that the school may want to show students for demonstration or surgical purposes as well.”
- “I can see this is useful in preparing for the labs. For visual learners who are new to the technique, it would be very helpful to have the equipment and an overview of what is going to happen in the lab. “
About Nextech AR
Nextech develops and operates augmented reality platforms (“AR”) that transport three-dimensional (“3D”) product visualizations, human holograms and 360 ° portals to their audiences, and thereby e-commerce, digital advertising, hybrid virtual events (events in a digital format, combined with face-to-face presence) and learning and training experiences.
Nextech is focused on developing AR solutions, however, most of the company’s revenue is currently generated from three e-commerce platforms: Staubsaugermarkt.com (“VCM”), infinitepetlife.com (“IPL”) and Trulyfesupplements.com (“TruLyfe”). VCM and product sales of household vacuum cleaners, consumables and parts, and small household appliances sold on Amazon.
NEO has not reviewed this press release and assumes no responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this press release.
Certain information contained herein may constitute “forward-looking information” under Canadian securities legislation. In general, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as “will be”, “forward-looking” or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results “will occur”. Forward-looking statements regarding the company, investor awareness, are based on estimates made by the company and are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that could cause actual results, activities, performance or achievements of Nextech to be material differ from those expressed or implied in such forward-looking statements or information, including capital expenditures and other costs. There can be no assurance that these statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Accordingly, readers are cautioned not to place undue reliance on any forward-looking statements or information. Nextech does not update any forward-looking statements or forward-looking information referred to herein except as required by applicable securities laws.
Show source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20210803005405/de/
CONTACT: Evan Gappelberg
KEYWORD: NORTH AMERICA CANADA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: UNIVERSITY ONLINE RETAIL EDUCATION TECHNOLOGY OTHER SCIENCE RESEARCH RETAIL SOFTWARE AUDIO / VIDEO SCIENCE HARDWARE
SOURCE: Nextech AR Solutions Corp.
Copyright Business Wire 2021.
PUB: 03/08/2021 07:30 am / DISC: 03/08/2021 07:32 am
Copyright Business Wire 2021.